Call Us Today 850-438-9647


Business Lawyers Serving Pensacola, Perdido Key and the Emerald Coast Areas

Liberis Law Firm focuses on asset protection, business, estate planning, real estate, and tax resolution. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions in these areas that may be helpful:

The Experienced Business Lawyers

Call Liberis Law Firm for accomplished attorneys in business and real estate transactions, insurance disputes, property damage claims and more. We are ready to discuss your issue and welcome your call at 850-438-9647 or you may contact Liberis Law Firm online.

How do I know if I have sufficient insurance?.

It is important to review your property insurance policy periodically, even before an event occurs. You may not be covered for every situation. For example, some policies cover natural disasters and some exclude them. Policies are difficult to understand as they have many complicated clauses and exclusions. At Liberis Law Firm, our attorneys analyze your policy and make sure that you have appropriate coverage for your situation.

Back to Top.

How do I know what kind of business to form?.

This is a critical question for any business. There are many forms to choose from, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability partnerships (LLPs), joint ventures, limited liability companies (LLCs) and corporations. Each type of entity has a different set of rules regarding taxation, owner liability, distribution of profits, asset protection, documentation and more. At Liberis Law Firm, our attorneys are experienced in business formation. We review these possibilities with you and recommend the best entity for your business.

Back to Top.

What is a homeowners' association?.

When a real estate developer builds units that have common areas combined with individual property rights, a homeowners' association is formed to manage the property. The association can be formed as a not-for-profit corporation or an unincorporated association. The developer may have a role in forming the association. Sometimes the developer can be responsible for claims that arise by the association such as construction defects and other breaches. The homeowners' association is created by and operates under legal documents called the declaration, articles of association and bylaws. Liberis Law Firm creates these documents and represents parties in legal disputes.

Back to Top.

What is title insurance?.

Most real estate has passed through several previous owners. Title insurance protects the new owner from past defects in title when the property was transferred from one owner to the next. Sometimes these defects arise many years after you own the property. They can arise due to forgery, mistakes recording the deed, missing heirs who appear with a claim, lien or other problems that could have occurred during the chain of title. If you finance the purchase of the property with a mortgage, the lender will require you to purchase title insurance to protect the lender from loss. In addition, the property purchaser should purchase an owner's policy to protect themselves from title defects.

Back to Top.

What should I bring to the first meeting with an attorney at the Liberis Law Firm?.

You should bring all documents and records that will help your attorney understand the history and goals of your legal question. Some helpful items include:

  • Formation documents
  • Business plan
  • Organizational chart
  • Meeting minutes and records
  • Contracts
  • Vendor list
  • Tax records and current year's tax return
  • Financial statements including balance sheets and income statements

Back to Top.

What should I do if my business has been sued?.

Immediately call your business law attorneys and let them handle the matter for you. Do not answer any questions about the lawsuit. At Liberis Law Firm, we help you investigate the matter, formulate a defense and assess liability. We help you to notify your insurance company about the claim. Finally, our attorneys research the matter and recommend settling or litigating, taking all the facts and circumstances into consideration.

Back to Top.

What should I do if the insurance company refuses to pay my property damage claim?.

If you have a legitimate claim that the insurance company has refused to pay, you should take action against the insurance company through an attorney. At Liberis Law Firm, we file a lawsuit against the insurance company to force them to pay. We also sue to recover your court costs and attorneys fees. Insurance policies are legal contracts that can be enforced when the insurance company is not acting in good faith and unreasonably denies your claim.

Back to Top.

Avatars by Sterling Adventures.

How Can We Help You?

Our attorneys are ready to handle all your asset protection, business, estate planning, real estate, and tax resolution needs. Arrange a consultation with us by calling 850-438-9647 or contact us online.